NUCB Supporting Faculty
Dr. Goi received his Doctorate degree in Media and Governance from Keio University and Master of Business Administration in Waseda University. His research fields include Entrepreneurship and Design Thinking. In additional, Dr. Goi has rich experience in management research on student-based venture creation in University, especially in Japan and ASEAN region. Currently, Dr. Goi has designed and employed “Collaborative based Design Thinking” model for the purpose of creating social impact in local towns. Leveraging on the diverse network and resources, Dr. Goi collaborated with local community leaders, real estate corporation and non-profit organisation to experiment his model at several Japanese regional towns in Kanagawa, Chiba, Gifu and Aichi prefectures. Prior to his academic and research work, Dr. Goi has possessed diverse working experienced in private, government and non-profit sector in Singapore for more than 10 years. He has served as a manager in several regional Community Development Councils (government) in Singapore for about 10 years. In addition, Dr. Goi has contributed to the development and implementation of regional policies, and organised community and welfare projects that created social impact on the local community. Furthermore, Dr. Goi has served at Assistant Director in National Volunteerism and Philanthropy Centre (NVPC) to develop partnership and provide consultation on corporate social responsibility (CSR) program for several corporation, such as, Avanade (Asia) and DHL (Singapore).
Entrepreneurship, Dynamic Capability, Design Thinking, and Case study methodology
Ph.D., Keio University
Main Research Papers
- "Relevance of Remote based Design Thinking for social innovation", NUCB Business School INSIGHT, Vol.7, 201807
- Addressing Social Needs Through Remote Based Design Thinking. ACSS Official Conference Proceedings. 2018.
- Yamawake, T. & Yamoto,S. & ,H.C & Lee,D. (2018). Determinants of Vertical Integration: Investment Efficiency, Product Differentiation and Firm Size. Theoretical Economics Letters. Economic System. Scientific Research. Special Issue March.
- "Design of University-based Venture Gestation Program (UVGP) for student venture", Key University Doctoral Program Publication, 201608
- Goi, H.C. & Kokuryo, J. (2016). Design of a University-based Venture Gestation Program (UVGP). Journal of Enterprising Culture. World Scientific. (Volume No.24, Issue No. 01. Pg 1-35.
- Goi, H.C. & Kokuryo, J. (2016). Dynamic Capability for the success of student-based gestation venture. Journal of Association for Policy Informatics. Volume No.9, Issue No. 01. Pg 27-42. (in Japanese)
- Goi, H.C & Ohe, T (2014). COBLAS Program for Entrepreneurship Education in ASEAN Universities. Journal of Perspectives on Development Policy in the Greater Mekong Region. Volume 2, No. 1. Pg 1-23.