Working at NIC
Thank you for your interest in working with us at NIC. Working at NIC represents both a challenge and a career advancement step. You will be working in a highly academic, international curriculum in a multi-cultural boarding school environment, housing up to 225 students across Years 10 to 12. The school will be located on the picturesque campus of Nagoya University of Commerce and Business, about 45 minutes from central Nagoya.
Delivering an international programme and equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, we are due to officially open in September 2022 with staff to commence from April 2022 in preparation. With a great teaching and well-being support team behind them, we aim to ensure that all students reach their full potential, and develop a love for learning along the way. As an employee of NIC, you will be part of a highly collaborative team focused on student academic and individual development outcomes. The ongoing development of the team is also important to the culture and success of the school and so there will also be ample opportunities and support for staff in regards to professional learning.
- IB DP English Language & Literature
- IB DP Japanese Language & Literature (License to teach at a Japanese HS required)
- IB DP Japanese Language Acquisition (JSL) (License to teach at a Japanese HS required)
- IB DP History
- IB DP Business Management + Design Thinking (Y10)
- IB DP Biology
- IB DP Chemistry + Science in Daily Life (Y10)
- IB DP Mathematics
- IB DP Theatre
- Information Technology (License to teach at a Japanese HS required)
- PE + Health (License to teach at a Japanese HS required)
If you do not have a gmail account, you may use an email application option.
Please make sure to include all the information shown here.
- in the capacity of all to develop and improve
- in valuing and respecting all
- in the IB and Case Method approaches to learning
- success comes from endeavour
- by trying new ideas and approaches
- by seeking diverse perspectives
- by utilising and acknowledging current research
- to support and encourage all those in our community
- to get the best results for all
- by inclusive practices
- to improve the global society and environment
- to be effective leaders and team members
- by building identity and character
- by developing people and learning skills
- by maintaining a high motivation and effort
- by performing to the best of our ability and learning from our mistakes