Scholarships are available for encouraging academic excellence and supporting our students. In addition to scholarships for high achievers, we also offer scholarships for the children of graduates and current students of our schools. Both domestic and international students are considered. The details below are provisional and accurate as of March 2021, but may be subject to further revisions.
- Eligibility: Applicants with outstanding entrance examination results. The fee payer must not earn a salary exceeding JPY 8,410,000 or a non-salary income exceeding JPY 3,550,000 annually.
- Value: 90%, 60% or 30% of the first-year tuition fee. The Scholarship is renewed on a annual basis for recipients whose yearly results are within the top 20% of the cohort.
- Availability: Maximum 5 new students per academic year.
- Eligibility: Students receiving the highest grade point averages in yearly results.
- Value: JPY 360,000 over one year (JPY 30,000 per month) towards boarding fees.
- Availability: Maximum 5 students per year.
- Eligibility: Students progressing from our affiliated middle school, Nagoya International Junior and Senior High School (NIHS); children and grandchildren of Nagoya University of Commerce and Business (NUCB Undergraduate School and NUCB Business School) students and alumni.
- Value: 50% of admission fee.
- Eligibility: Siblings of current or former students of the school.
- Value: 10% of tuition fee.
How do I apply for the scholarships?
Scholarships are awarded automatically based on an assessment of eligibility. A separate application is not required.
Does NIC provide any loans or grants?
No, we do not have such arrangements in place.
Can I have my application fee waived?
There is no application fee waiver.