Scholarships are available for encouraging academic excellence and supporting our students. Both domestic and international students are considered. The details below are provisional and accurate as of January 2021, but may be subject to further revisions.
- Eligibility: Students progressing from our affiliated middle school, Nagoya International Junior and Senior High School (NIHS); children and grandchildren of Nagoya University of Commerce and Business (NUCB Undergraduate School and NUCB Business School) students and alumni.
- Value: 50% of admission fee.
- Eligibility: Applicants with outstanding entrance examination results. The fee payer must not earn a salary exceeding JPY 8,410,000 or a non-salary income exceeding JPY 3,550,000 annually.
- Value: 90%, 60% or 30% of the first-year tuition fee. The Scholarship is renewed on a annual basis for recipients whose yearly results are within the top 20% of the cohort.
- Availability: Maximum 5 new students per academic year.
- Eligibility: Students receiving the highest grade point averages in yearly results.
- Value: JPY 360,000 over one year (JPY 30,000 per month) towards boarding fees.
- Availability: Maximum 5 students per year.
- Eligibility: Siblings simultaneously enrolled at NIC each receives a discount on tuition fees as follows. A student whose older sibling(s) graduated from NIC also receives this discount.
- Value: 2 siblings: 5%, 3 siblings: 10%, 4 siblings: 15%
How do I apply for the scholarships?
Scholarships are awarded automatically based on an assessment of eligibility. A separate application is not required.
Does NIC provide any loans or grants?
No, we do not have such arrangements in place.
Can I have my application fee waived?
There is no application fee waiver.