- For successful applicants graduating from Year 9, between December and March, NIC offers a full-boarding study option via our Bridging Programme (BP) prior to the official commencement of the high school programme. This enables the most effective use of the student's gap time and helps to prepare students in the transition to the style of learning required in the international programme.
- The BP is designed to support the individual circumstances of applicants following their acceptance into the high school programme proper via the standard entrance examination process.
- The BP runs online in April and on campus from the early May until the end of June or July (optional) and includes a full programme of classes covering Mathematics, Science, English or Japanese and the Arts.
- BP classes will be run on a differentiated basis according to the needs of individual students. For example, advanced English students will study English for academic writing and intermediate level English students will study English for pragmatic communication.
- The Japanese language BP option will allow students coming from overseas to both adjust to the culture in a more expedient manner and also better prepare the students for that second language option in the high school programme.
- Entry into the BP is restricted to entry point prior to Year 10 and those applicants graduating from Year 9 between December and March.
|Applicant Type||Year 9 Grad||Application Period||BP Classes|
|Japanese visa or
|November 1 – March 20||English, Mathematics, Science, Art|
|Non-Japanese visa or
|November 1 – March 20||Japanese, Mathematics, Science, Art|
Online Bridging Programme - Curriculum Information
- English - Communication - CEFR B1 level
- English - Academic Writing - CEFR C1 and native level
- Mathematics - Advanced
- Mathematics - Standard
- Science - Biology, Physics, Environment
- Art - Visual Arts, Music, Theatre